Monday, July 09, 2012

Blog: Favorite Youtube Videos (Volume 1)

Youtube is one of the primary ... anti-productivity things in my life and for the most part has replaced television at least for when I actually care what it is that I'm watching. In order to convert it to something at least more circum-productive (like work but not quite actually work) I thought I'd do some blog posts on the videos that actually prompted me to save them to my favorites list. The list is pretty long so I'm going to group a few videos together for each post and start at the begining of my favorite so expect these first few editions to be blasts from the past.
  • Flute Beatboxing
    • These first two videos from Greg Patillo / Project Trio were pretty much my introduction to the fact that other people might like video game music (and other nostalgic music) as well. I'm not 100% certain that these are the first I watched (it's been a while) but they definetly were part of my introduction to the great video game / nostalgia genre.
  • The next three videos are from (the thankfully not eaten by snakes) CalebElijah who is possibly my favorite video game music cover artist. His stuff is richly scattered through the most listened to lists on my iPod. I'm exceptionally pleased that he has returned from his long hiatus and Peace Corps mission and is now back making awesome music again. These first three are all from one of my favorite video games Secret of Mana and there will definitely be more for CalebElijah in future volumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading

I’m not sure that anyone, myself included, really needs this post. On the other hand, I read a thing about re-reading and I want to write ab...