Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Blog: Games of April 2019


I'll write more soon, but April marked the end of my PhD. Not of course the end of work, but definitely a change in my levels of stress and business.


My top five games (by play time) for April were:
  1. Fire Emblem: Awakening - This game. I'm not sure I like it, but I like lots of parts of it. The thing I like the most is the support conversations, where in if two units work together during a mission, they might have a chat together afterwards. I find this somewhat warps the balance of the missions themselves (and somewhat pushes the game off of the style I love in Path of Radiance). They're also biased significantly towards your units falling in love and having kids, which ... is not what I want in the game? Still it gets its hooks into me and I do enjoy it.

    Teaching the team to talk.


  2. Breath of Fire II - I want to finish. I would like to be finished, and I am at least getting closer to the end. Sadly, not the finest Breath of Fire entry.

    Oh sure!


  3. Xenonauts - I've bounced off this game so many times, but for some reason this time it's really sticking. It stays very true to the XCOM original, with many nice quality of life improvements and, somehow, quite a bit of fun.

    Starting to feel organized when we land.


  4. Cursed Treasure 2 - I think this is the best tower defense game. I lament that 3 has never happened and I really would just like people to turn out a ton of interesting levels to follow up with.

    It warms my heart every time.


  5. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - I ground myself to a halt in my Master Mode Quest, I wanted to finish everything in Master Mode and I cannot kill those two damned Silver Lizalfos. So I started a new game. Regular mode, and no fast travel (so far anyway). And I'm having a blast, this game is so, so good.

    Running back again.


Here's my total play time chart for April:



And here's a chart of how much I've played over the month:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading

I’m not sure that anyone, myself included, really needs this post. On the other hand, I read a thing about re-reading and I want to write ab...