Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Blog: Video Games of December 2018


I was super busy for the bulk of December, but I enjoyed what I played and I feel set up to take 2019 on in style.


My top five games (by play time) for December were:
  1. Civilization VI - Two months in a row at number one. I guess the game is ok. I think accepting that I'm just not a hard Civ player has really let me love the game as it is.

    Think of the launch filming parties!


  2. Fire Emblem Awakening - I'm not exactly sure why I started playing this, but I did figure it would be something to play during Christmas, especially when I wasn't going to be near my PC or TV. As it turns out I got really hooked and I think this game is quite good.


    I get bogged down playing Fire Emblem because I won't ever let anyone die, so there are a lot of levels where I'll play for an hour and then reset because I messed something up. Being able to play without losing my fighters each time has been a real relief. That said I'm finding the running a bit hard in the later(?) levels of the game, but it's been a blast.

  3. Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival - A whole year, we still love it and we're still playing.

    Two very dapper players.

  4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - We're not talking about it.

    Yes, yes this is a very old picture. But hey, Link likes that rubber suit.

  5. Pokémon Go - I felt a bit like this Christmas wasn't nearly as interesting as years past, but as always fun to play.

    Daaaw, it's cute and pretending to be rare!

Here's my total play time chart for December:




And here's a chart of how much I've played over the month:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading

I’m not sure that anyone, myself included, really needs this post. On the other hand, I read a thing about re-reading and I want to write ab...