Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Blog: Favourite YouTube Videos (Volume 102)

In this volume of my favourite YouTube videos, we go to a dark place, a duck place and a community place.

  • First, Mr. Smooth McGroove takes us to the dark world. It's a dark place and menacing.
  • Next, Kevin Gisi, tells the old programmer's parable about the rubber duck. Rubber duck debugging is important and I think he make a good point that it's worth employing in other parts of life.
  • Finally, Kevin talks about how the "YouTube Community" needs to think about YouTube, not itself a community, but simply as a platform. Hank Green's Subbable approached this although didn't quite get the traction I think it deserved. I still think this is a problem on the Internet, too many people are relying on companies to form their communities rather than taking that control themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading

I’m not sure that anyone, myself included, really needs this post. On the other hand, I read a thing about re-reading and I want to write ab...